Course Details

International Securities Law

This course serves a dual-purpose: First, it offers exposure to basics of securities laws for those interesting in learning more about the field. Second, it explores how the United States securities laws apply in the context of cross-border securities transactions. The course will touch upon American regulation of foreign issuers; foreign securities offerings; foreign securities professionals; the sale of U.S.-based securities to foreign investors; and the cooperation and coordination among and between international securities regulators. These issues will be explored both from a legal and from a policy perspective. To do so, we will draw principally upon court decisions. There are no prerequisites for this course. Evaluation Method: Class discussion is an essential element of this course. Participation in these discussions - which necessitate reading the assigned material prior to class - is a major factor in the final grade (25%). The remainder of the grade (75%) will be a paper. Class Materials: The cases will be made available online.

Catalog Number: BUSCOM 663

Course History

Spring 2022
Title: International Securities Law
Faculty: Polish, Jonathan Stephen
Leiman, Timothy Stewart
Section: 1     Credits: 2.0
Capacity: 25     Actual: 20